Thursday, March 24

Those Who Are About To Drink, We Salute You

For awhile, there, I considered entirely reformatting my previous blog.  There was some good work done on there.  For a couple (and I stress, a couple) of insightful posts on gaming-related issues, by all means, go check out The Next Medium -- a failed attempt at serious game-blogging.

Which begs the question: why did it fail?

Which begs the answer: because I was a lazy shit about it.

NO MORE!  With The Mediated Hophead, I am (digitally) reborn.  Here I account for my other loves, outside of videogaming: beer, cinema, a bit of television, the occasional graphic novel.

I'll endeavor to do my fair share of the obligatory posts, like reviews, previews, wants and do-not-wants.  But I'll also attempt to throw a bit of my own perspective on the whole mess.  My budding education leads me to a lot of positions and opinions that I feel strongly about and am in desperate need of some feedback.  I wouldn't quite say I'm a blowhard.  I certainly do blow with considerable strength, but I also attempt to back it up with some lung endurance.  That's a backwards way of saying every once in awhile I actually know what I'm talking about, but I don't let it lead to arrogance.  As far as I'm concerned, I have nothing to be arrogant about -- the best academic and progressive thought comes out of dialogue.  So please, for the love of all that is holy (I realize not much is outside of Ico and Shadow of the Colossus), leave a comment!  Post it up!  I won't tear into you unless you're a troll.

Oh, which is why I ask that you back your posts up with an email.  Nothing personal, I just prefer a little bit of face-based dialogue over anonymous.

So there you have it.  That's kind of what I'm about.  What this blog is about.  The rest, we'll figure out as I go along.  But to begin, I'd like to start off with my greatest hobby.  No, it's actually not videogames.

It's beer.

No comments:

Post a Comment